Feng Shui Long Island's Blog

head_left_image

Hiking Kolob Canyons Zion National Park in Utah

I've been staying out in California for over a month now to provide Feng Shui Consultations and workshops. As my time here is ending, my husband and I decided to visit Utah, in particular Zion National Park. I'll be posting many other photos that highlight regions of the park we had time to explore. So to start, here is the northwestern section of Zion called, Kolob Canyons. This section of the park is rarely visited, yet if you have the time, you'll be pleasantly surprised by the serene quietness during your hike and you'll be able to capture far off glimpse or close up view of the one of the famous large canyon arches.

Kolob canyon zion national park photo by laura cerrano nyc feng shui consultant

As with any hike you do in the desert, its best to start early in the morning, meaning be on the trail by 6am if you can. This sets you up for pleasant hiking conditions that avoid the harsh mid-day sun. We always made sure to end our hikes around noon as the temps would be a blazing 103 degrees. The Kolob canyon has two main trails, Taylor Creek and Lee Pass. Taylor creek is about 5 hours or so round trip. Lee pass, could be a day hike or overnight camping that leads you through Zion National park back to the southern region. If overnight camping, you'll need permits ahead of time.

In general, its recommended for day hikers to bring at least a gallon of water (3.75 litters) and snacks that help retain your water. Obviously, if you are hiking for longer, you'll need more water and food supplies. Its best to wear light colored clothing that is loose fitting and covers all your skin (ex: blend of cotton and polyester), sturdy hiking boots, light weight hiking poles, paired with a protective hat, and be sure to apply your sunblock!! Desert hiking is no joke and heat exhaustion becomes a real issues out here if you are not prepared. It could even lead to death.

So with that, if you are looking to escape the crowded Zion National Park, Kolob is a great option! You'll get to witness some really beautiful Zion wilderness and truly hear the sounds and feel the energy of the Ancestral Puebloan's who originally called Zion home.

Kolob Canyons - Nzion National Park U.S.

Feng Shui Manhattan

Laura Cerrano is a second-generation Certified New York City Feng Shui Consultant Expert. As a full-time Feng Shui consultant, Laura provides bicoastal consultations and workshops for residential, commercial, real estate developments, Fortune 500 companies and healing faculties. In addition, Laura is a resident teacher at the Metropolitan Institute of Design in Syosset, NY. She has been featured in highly respected publications and TV networks such as Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen," PBS, CBC Television, BBC Radio and The New York Times.

Comment balloon 11 commentsLaura Cerrano • August 30 2019 11:46PM

Comments

Laura, I am sure you are enjoying the beautiful views, hikes and trails. Thanks for sharing those thoughts and photos.

Do you have Feng Shui workshops in Arizona, in teh phoenix area?

Posted by Steffy Hristova, Tempe AZ Realtor - Your Home Close to Your Work! (HomeSmart Elite Group Tempe AZ Tel: 480-966-9353) 18 days ago

Hello Laura - your enthusiasm for Kolob Canyon and Zion National Park is evident in this post. I am glad your time in California allowed a visit to Utah.

Posted by Michael Jacobs, Los Angeles Pasadena 818.516.4393 18 days ago

Zion is such a magical place.  My grandson and I really loved visiting there this May.

Posted by Myrl Jeffcoat, Greater Sacramento Real Estate Agent (GreatWest Realty) 18 days ago

Lovely, Laura. I haven't (yet) visited Zion; my daughter and friends have 3 hikes planned there in a couple of weeks, but I don't know if any of the recent rock fall and trail closures will derail their planned hikes. Angel's Landing is one of them.

Posted by Lottie Kendall, Helping make your real estate dreams a reality (Compass) 18 days ago

What beautiful sights you are enjoying, Laura... and I'll enjoy them through your pictures because getting me to hike is a  non-starter.

Posted by Nina Hollander, Your Charlotte/Ballantyne/Waxhaw/Fort Mill Realtor (Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage ) 17 days ago

Good morning Laura. Zion is always a place I wanted to go: still do. You tell a great story but please increase the font size.

Posted by Sheila Anderson, The Real Estate Whisperer Who Listens 732-715-1133 (Referral Group Incorporated) 17 days ago

Laura Cerrano the Hiking Kolob Canyons Zion National Park in Utah is great fun place to visit.

Posted by John Pusa, Your All Time Realtor With Exceptional Service (Berkshire Hathaway Home Services Crest) 17 days ago

That is a beautiful place to hike.  Your photos entice us to want to visit.

Posted by Kay Van Kampen, Realtor®, Springfield Mo Real Estate (RE/MAX Broker, RE/MAX) 12 days ago

We both love to hike, and this is a spot that certainly beckons to us.  I hope you had a fabulous experience, getting into some of these spots is such a spiritual and mystical adventure.

Posted by Debb Janes EcoBroker and Bernie Stea JD, REALTORS® in Clark County, WA (ViewHomes of Clark County - Nature As Neighbors) 11 days ago

Oh, I love hiking and would SO enjoy Zion National Park, 🏞 Laura! Your photos are stunning and like you, I believe that hiking before midday is a MUST, especially in the desert! 🌵

Posted by Debe Maxwell, CRS, Charlotte Homes for Sale - Charlotte Neighborhoods (www.iCharlotteHomes.com | The Maxwell House Group | RE/MAX Executive | (704) 491-3310) 8 days ago

This is just an awesome experience! Thanks for sharing this article Laura Cerrano

Posted by Realty ComAu, Buy, Sell & Rent Property in Australia (Realty) 6 days ago

This blog does not allow anonymous comments