Feng Shui Long Island's Blog

head_left_image

Happy 2019 Earth Day from Feng Shui Manhattan!!

HAPPY EARTH DAY!!

This past weekend was full of energy that provided a greater sense of rest and connection with family, friends and yourself. After spending a relaxing Sunday with my dad and brother, I went home and began decluttering my garage. Now to some, this may sound like work, yet for me, it was very therapeutic and provided some profound healing. In short, I began to further release objects and paperwork that belonged to my mother and Uncle Peter (which both have passed away long ago). And then, I turned my attention to some old artwork I've created in high school and college. Much of what I saw made me smile and honor those memories. Yet, I no longer wanted or needed them, so about 90% of what I created was given back to the earth through a safe mini fire burning ceremony to recycle the paper and energy. As for the remaining 10%, I salvaged quality art supplies and one drawing, which fits the theme of Earth Day perfectly!! This drawing was inspired by Jane Goodall's mission.

May you adopt a healthy habit that contributes to the overall benefit to mother earth and all life forms that call her home.

 

Gorilla, pastel, 2000

Artist: Laura Cerrano of Feng Shui Manhattan

 

Laura Cerrano is a second-generation Certified New York City Feng Shui Consultant Expert. As a full-time Feng Shui consultant, Laura provides bicoastal consultations and workshops for residential, commercial, real estate developments, Fortune 500 companies and healing faculties. In addition, Laura is a resident teacher at the Metropolitan Institute of Design in Syosset, NY. She has been featured in highly respected publications and TV networks such as Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen," PBS, CBC Television, BBC Radio and The New York Times. 

 

Comment balloon 4 commentsLaura Cerrano • April 22 2019 10:25AM

Comments

Hi Laura... Happy Earth Day to you! We observed it early in Charlotte (last Thursday) as to day is Easter Monday and it's a big holiday here for many.

Posted by Nina Hollander, Your Charlotte/Ballantyne/Waxhaw/Fort Mill Realtor (Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage ) 27 days ago

Good morning Laura. What a fresh aproach towards organizing the garage! Enjoy your efforts!

Posted by Wayne Martin, Real Estate Broker - Retired (Wayne M Martin) 27 days ago

I saw this on Facebook too. I love the way you chose to celebrate - you always make my heart and soul smile, Laura. D 

Posted by Debb Janes EcoBroker and Bernie Stea JD, REALTORS® in Clark County, WA (ViewHomes of Clark County - Nature As Neighbors) 27 days ago

That's a wonderful portrait of the gorilla, and it's a shame you burned your other creations instead of making a scrap book, as you have some talent.

Posted by Georgie Hunter R(S) 58089, Maui Real Estate sales and lifestyle info (Hawai'i Life Real Estate Brokers) 18 days ago

This blog does not allow anonymous comments