Feng Shui Long Island's Blog

head_left_image

Shifting Your Perspective on Wealth to Attract Abundance

A common area that people immediately focus on when discussing Feng Shui is wealth. Out of curiosity I looked up ‘wealth’ via the Merriam-Webster dictionary on-line and came across these definitions: “wealth - an abundance of valuable possessions or money,’ ‘the state of being rich; material prosperity,’ and ‘plentiful supplies of a particular resource.’ Not in one definition did I see wealth described as living a healthy mind, body and spirit lifestyle.

As human beings in the 21st century it's time we begin to shift our perspective on the definition of wealth. The old way of thinking is creating a huge rift between multiple people currently and for upcoming generations.  Living a basic healthy lifestyle (being able to rent or own a home, purchase food and health care) at affordable fair rates is becoming less attainable due to various factors. This needs to become a collective local, national and global discussion. Instead of seeing wealth as a means to separate class, race, etc, let's shift to viewing wealth in how it can empower and connect us all.

i.e. Consuming foods that are not contaminated with chemicals and additives is living a wealthy lifestyle. Connecting with friends and loved ones, along with participating in community events is living a wealthy social lifestyle. Practicing daily self-care (such as learning how to reduce your stress levels) is living a spiritual healthy and wealthy lifestyle. Knowing that nothing lasts forever is wealth in learning how to become present and appreciate your daily life interactions. Donating items you no longer need is wealth in sharing.  Wealth is so much more than just money exchanges and possessions.

I invite you to begin shifting your perspective on the word ‘wealth' and open yourself up to abundance on various levels. There is more to this discussion of wealth, yet for now this can help begin the process of change by just offering a different perspective.

Laura Cerrano is a second-generation Certified New York City Feng Shui Consultant Expert. As a full-time Feng Shui consultant, Laura provides bicoastal consultations and workshops for residential, commercial, real estate developments, Fortune 500 companies and healing faculties. In addition, Laura is a resident teacher at the Metropolitan Institute of Design in Syosset, NY. She has been featured in highly respected publications and TV networks such as Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen," PBS, CBC Television, BBC Radio and The New York Times.

Comment balloon 24 commentsLaura Cerrano • March 21 2017 04:02PM

Comments

I love  "Wealth is so much more than just money exchanges and possessions." I try really hard on connecting with friends and loved ones, participating in community events, donating and appreciating your daily life interactions. Some others could use some work.

Posted by Rebecca Lewis (ODAT Realty Services, Inc) over 1 year ago

Laura, I like your thinking here. I have seen people with lots of cash...but terrible health, awful habits and a twisted mind. These are not wealthy people...just rich.

Posted by Jeffrey DiMuria 321.223.6253 Waves Realty, Florida Space Coast Homes (Waves Realty) over 1 year ago

Laura

Thanks for sharing your insieght . . . . Your information is greatly appreciated

Good luck and success.

Lou Ludwig

Posted by Lou Ludwig, Designations Earned CRB, CRS, CIPS, GRI, SRES, TRC (Ludwig & Associates) over 1 year ago

The older I get, the more I count my wealth by love in my marriage and with my son, days off, vacations and health. I think the only material things I truly covet are books and music.

Posted by Thomas J. Nelson, Realtor, ePRO, CRS, RCS-D, & Host of Postcards From Success Podcast (Big Block Realty 858.232.8722) over 1 year ago

Thanks for the sage advice, Laura.  Wise words on the ways to attract abundance.

Posted by Gabe Sanders, Stuart Florida Real Estate (Real Estate of Florida specializing in Martin County Residential Homes, Condos and Land Sales) over 1 year ago

Laura- you must be in my head!  Many of my friends and I have been looking into what we've been putting into our bodies. We no longer want GMO products or products full of preservatives.  And we don't want to look towards pills for cures!!!

Posted by Kathy Streib, Home Stager - Palm Beach County,FL -561-914-6224 (Room Service Home Staging) over 1 year ago

Laura

I look forward to reading your posts.

Good luck and success.

Lou Ludwig

Thank you, Laura, for sharing this perspective. Some of us need to work on our eating and exercise habits.

Posted by Roy Kelley, Roy and Dolores Kelley Photographs (Realty Group Referrals) over 1 year ago

Good morning Laura Cerrano ,

I'm so glad that Kathy Streib featured your post in her "ah-ha" moments for the week. I like your perspective on wealth is so much more than just money exchanges and possessions! Opening up ourselves to more abundance on various levels is definitely helpful in maintaining a healthily, happy life.

Posted by Dorie Dillard CRS GRI ABR, Serving Buyers & Sellers in NW Austin Real Estate (Coldwell Banker United Realtors® ~ 512.750.6899) over 1 year ago

Good morning, Laura Cerrano the most important factor in life for me is relationships with family and friends... the money will follow if one works in harmony with others...

Posted by Barbara Todaro, "Franklin MA Homes" (RE/MAX Executive Realty ) over 1 year ago

Good morning Laura. A definite though for some further contemplation! Enjooy your day!

Posted by Wayne Martin, Real Estate Broker - Retired (Wayne M Martin) over 1 year ago

There is far more to wealth than just finances. Thanks for the blog!

Posted by Nathan Gesner, Broker / Property Manager (American West Realty and Management) over 1 year ago

Wealth in terms of money doesn't do much good if your mind and body are not healthy. We have seen many wealthy celebrities die due to unhealthy lifestyles.

Posted by Shirley Coomer, Realtor, Keller Williams Realty, Phoenix Az (Keller Williams Realty Sonoran Living) over 1 year ago

Lause

I really like you perspective on wealth. I think we all know it's NOT about possession and money but it's nice to have the reminder about what it IS all about!

Jeff

Posted by Jeff Dowler, CRS, The Southern California Relocation Dude (Solutions Real Estate ) over 1 year ago

Love this post. So true, it is easy to change your perspective and be grateful, rather than always be ungrateful. Being grateful allows joy to blossom, which leads to more happiness. Once you have that you may realize you are wealthier than many who are rich in monetary terms.

Posted by Nick & Trudy Vandekar, 610-203-4543, Tredyffrin Easttown Realtors, Philly Main Line (Long & Foster Real Estate Inc 610-225-7400) over 1 year ago

I prefer wealth of experience and knowledge over materialist $.

Posted by Sam Shueh, mba, cdpe, reopro, pe ( (408) 425-1601) over 1 year ago

I've seen a lot of people with fat bank accounts who are miserable.  Great thoughts here.

Posted by Jeanne Gregory, The most important home I sell is YOURS! (RE/MAX Southwest) over 1 year ago

Peace, happiness and love....time with my family always comes first!

Posted by Sharon Tara, New Hampshire Home Stager (Sharon Tara Transformations) over 1 year ago

Hi Laura - great post. Living abundantly involves a balance as you are pointing out

Posted by Grant Schneider, Your Coach Helping You Create Successful Outcomes (Performance Development Strategies) over 1 year ago

Some of the people with the most money are the most miserable - and some of those with the least money are the richest in happiness.

Posted by Marte Cliff, Your real estate writer (Marte Cliff Copywriting) over 1 year ago

Wealth IS so much more than money and stuff. Thank you for your perspective.

Posted by Kat Palmiotti, The House Kat (Grand Lux Realty, Monroe NY, 914-419-0270, kat@thehousekat.com) over 1 year ago

Laura how did I miss this awesome post, clearly did not get a gold star, the Feature Ferry was sleeping, Endre

Posted by Endre Barath, Jr., Realtor - Los Angeles Home Sales 310.486.1002 (Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices) over 1 year ago

Thank you Kathy Streib for the Ah Ha moment. I would have surely missed Laura's well deserved featured post that did not get featured.

Posted by Margaret Rome, Baltimore Maryland, Sell Your Home With Margaret Rome ( HomeRome Realty 410-530-2400) over 1 year ago

This blog does not allow anonymous comments