At first glance this home's front entrance landscape in California seems to be engulfing the entire house.
As you walk toward the front, you'll notice it's not completely covered in vegetation. In fact, the landscape design is precisely executed where you can observe the various desert plant life with ease. Below are some quick tips for this home's location and you could even consider the tips as foundational suggestions for your home if they are relevant for your location.
- Trim back the one giant leaf hanging in front of the house number. According to feng shui you want your house number to be seen with ease. That is symbolic of energy and opportunities finding you with less resistance.
- The arched doorway is a wonderful addition, as that type of design offers a more inviting energy.
- Even the color of the door can play a role in the type of energy flowing towards the front entrance. In this occupant's specific case, it's a soft blue which connects to the element of water. Water element is associated with the career life section on the Ba-gua Map. Could you choose another color, say green, red, black or white? Yes. It all depends on your preference and/or if you are following the compass method of feng shui.
- It would be nice to see the pathway have a slight curvature in it's design as that helps to soften the energies approach towards the home.
- For the evening time, the owners could install simple pathway lights, say about 3-4. This is called "lighting up the pathway" in feng shui.
- The other interesting observation about this home's energy is that out of the entire block they had the most vegetation and plants that were grand in size and very healthy, along with visiting birds and other wild life critters. That speaks volumes of the energy flow with this property.
- Not only that, there was an interesting appeal to the size of these plants. They created a fortress like feeling, yet not in a "threatening" way. The plants gave off a feeling of, we welcome you and you need to be respectful.
Laura Cerrano is a second-generation Certified New York City Feng Shui Consultant Expert. As a full-time Feng Shui consultant, Laura provides bicoastal consultations and workshops for residential, commercial, real estate developments, Fortune 500 companies and healing faculties. In addition, Laura is a resident teacher at the Metropolitan Institute of Design in Syosset, NY. She has been featured in highly respected publications and TV networks such as Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen," PBS, CBC Television, BBC Radio and The New York Times.