Every aspect of your NYC apartment, whether it be inside or out, contributes to nurturing positive ch'i within your home and life. This also includes your terrace and it could become an extension of certain life sections according to the Ba-gua and Compass methods of Feng Shui.
FENG SHUI TERRACE TIPS:
- Keep the terrace de-cluttered. This can become a tempting area to store excess stuff and forget about it.
- Consider adding a couple beautiful plants (at least during the warmer seasons) to help enliven this sector of your home.
- Create a welcoming space with comfortable seating and a small table (if it fits).
- Add ambience with subtle outdoor lighting; i.e. candles or artificial lights.
- Offer a splash of color with seat cushions, throw pillows, planters and/or a small outdoor area rug.
Laura Cerrano is a second-generation Certified New York City Feng Shui Consultant Expert. As a full-time Feng Shui consultant, Laura provides bicoastal consultations and workshops for residential, commercial, real estate developments, Fortune 500 companies and healing faculties. In addition, Laura is a resident teacher at the Metropolitan Institute of Design in Syosset, NY. She has been featured in highly respected publications and TV networks such as Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen," PBS, CBC Television, BBC Radio and The New York Times.