In the words of Comedian George Carlin, "SLOW DOWN!" That's right. Retrograde is about allowing yourself adequate time to step back and reflect vs making hasty decisions or assumptions which could be financially and emotionally costly. Mercury Retrograde is known to hiccup communication, scheduling, transportation and encourage more judgement than compassion.
- Release the need for control.
- Pause, breathe and think before you speak. Be very clear with your communication.
- Do not take things so personally.
- Be sure to leave extra time for travel.
- Be sure to confirm appointment, dates, plans and meetings.
- Double check emails before they are sent, let that be for spelling or with whom you are sending it to.
- During retrograde it's best to review contracts vs signing them.
- The past loves to pay visits during this time, such as with ex's. It could be an opportunity to tie up loose ends, so do be open to the silver lining moments.
- Do not be surprised if your electronics act funny, so be sure to back up your storage.
- Take the time to reconnect with your roots, walk down memory lane and even if you wish, reflect on how far you have come. It could be a great reminder and celebration.
Laura Cerrano is a second-generation Certified New York City Feng Shui Consultant Expert. As a full-time Feng Shui consultant, Laura provides bicoastal consultations and workshops for residential, commercial, real estate developments, Fortune 500 companies and healing faculties. In addition, Laura is a resident teacher at the Metropolitan Institute of Design in Syosset, NY. She has been featured in highly respected publications and TV networks such as Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen," PBS, CBC Television, BBC Radio and The New York Times.