This is a before photo of a client's loft condo in Pennsylvania. They just moved into the space and wanted to know some fast and practical feng shui suggestions.
Quick Tip: Pay attention to the rooms you observe upon entering your home, this is important.
For my client's particular layout, the living room was among the first rooms that greeted us. How they choose to address the living room would help set the tone of energy and atmosphere for the rest of their home. They envisioned a simple decor that offered a feeling of comfort and tranquility. Ideally, for all implementing the principles of feng shui into their home, its encouraged to create a welcoming feeling by the front entrance.
Here is the after photo
What do you notice that is different?
- Sheer curtains along the back sliding doors to help frame the space and soften the energy.
- Accent colors of blues and greys where intentionally added and highlighted to honor the life section of 'children' energy, which is where the living room was located on their floor plan.
- A mirror above the fire place is a combination of two elements, water and metal. Metal is the main element for the life section of 'children,' while water is also acceptable.
- They cleared away of small tables in front of the fire place.
- The addition of two small bamboo plants were placed on top of the fire place mantel.
- Two extra seats were added while still allowing maneuvering around the living room to be non obstructive.
Laura Cerrano is a second-generation Certified New York City Feng Shui Consultant Expert. As a full-time Feng Shui consultant, Laura provides bicoastal consultations and workshops for residential, commercial, real estate developments, Fortune 500 companies and healing faculties. In addition, Laura is a resident teacher at the Metropolitan Institute of Design in Syosset, NY. She has been featured in highly respected publications and TV networks such as Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen," PBS, CBC Television, BBC Radio and The New York Times.