This is a before photo of a client's loft condo in Pennsylvania. They just moved into the space and wanted to know some fast and practical feng shui suggestions.
Quick Tip: Pay attention to the rooms you observe upon entering your home, this is important.
For my client's particular layout, the living room was among the first rooms that greeted us. How they choose to address the living room would help set the tone of energy and atmosphere for the rest of their home. They envisioned a simple decor that offered a feeling of comfort and tranquility. Ideally, for all implementing the principles of feng shui into their home, its encouraged to create a welcoming feeling by the front entrance.
Here is the after photo
What do you notice that is different?
- Sheer curtains along the back sliding doors to help frame the space and soften the energy.
- Accent colors of blues and greys where intentionally added and highlighted to honor the life section of 'children' energy, which is where the living room was located on their floor plan.
- A mirror above the fire place is a combination of two elements, water and metal. Metal is the main element for the life section of 'children,' while water is also acceptable.
- They cleared away of small tables in front of the fire place.
- The addition of two small bamboo plants were placed on top of the fire place mantel.
- Two extra seats were added while still allowing maneuvering around the living room to be non obstructive.
Welcome! My name is Laura Cerrano CEO and founder of Feng Shui Manhattan Long Island, established in 1997. I teach and mentor students at the Metropolitan Institute of Design in Syosset NY through a nine month certification program. I provide remote and on-site national / international private consultations, seminars, workshops and classes. My primary focus is Feng Shui Healing for your space and self, complimented with the Interior Design principles.
I take a unique multi-dimensional approach which cohesively blends several methods of Feng Shui (environmental psychology) and various combinations of healing modalities together. I specialize in advanced Ba-gua Map readings (Eight Aspirations Theory), Bon Buddhist Tradition and Ascension Feng Shui (Mystery School Science and Emotional Intelligence Healing). The information shared with you lasts a life time, shifting your perspective on life, increasing your self-confidence and environmental awareness by providing complementary healing mentally, emotionally, spirituality and physically.